Friday, March 15, 2013

Remembering the past & looking towards the future...

Today was a long and awkward day, divided in two parts: the first in which we remembered the past, and the second in which we thought about our future.
We remembered the past in Pearl Harbor, where we saw the atrocity of the war, which killed thousands guys in just a few minutes, but brought to the death millions of people that never thought to have to face with the biggest war of the history of humanity.
Anywhere in the world, soldiers are honored, respected and, if died, forever remembered: but no one cares about the civilians, for this I am sorry for the young men who lost their life the 7th of December, but I am more sorry for their mothers and grandmothers, fathers and grandfathers, who cried a lot for their sons.
But my biggest sorrow is for the civilians, throughout the world, who, even now, pay for crimes that they have never committed; I think about the sad Japanese story of a young girl, who was been infected by the radiation of the A-bomb and was going to die soon, without any possibility to survive, except for an old legend: if you did 1000 grue origami, you would be cured of any disease. She did all the grue, hoping to survive, because that was the only possibility to live; the day after she finished, she passed away.
But the story is always written by the winners, and in a world of soldiers and army there is no room for the civilians.
Now no more sadness, I will tell the second part of the day, in which we hiked Diamond Head, an old volcano that brings you  <<on the top of the world>>.You can see both the ocean and the mountain.
I started to run, because when I run I feel free and I can empty my mind of all the concerns while finding why I am living for. And even today I found what I was looking for, I found solutions to questions that I did not even have, but now I know what I want.
When I arrived on top I saw the most beautiful thing ever seen in the US, it was an awesome sight, that showed me how lucky I am being here. I understood that being here now is the most beautiful present that my parents could give to me, and I do not want to disappoint them.
There I found the reason  of this trip, I found a part of myself, and I hope that all the others guy could feel the same sensation that I felt.

Elia, Italy













No comments:

Post a Comment