Monday, March 11, 2013

Today, We Brought Our Own Sunshine!

Second day in Hawaii and I’m pretty impressed. You know, the most surprising thing is how much fun we had even when all our expectations went down. We woke up this morning and it was raining, I bet that everybody was like “You got to be kidding me.”

Then we went to beach, someone went surfing -or at least they tried- and some others went swimming. The weather was getting worse and worse…so we decided to make a new plan!

A dozen of people and I had lunch right next to the hotel, at some place called Lulu’s; the people were so nice and the food SO good (and I’m Italian, you can trust me!!)

The trip staff made a wise decision and sent us at the mall. Everybody knows that shopping is like a medicine, especially if you’re a girl.

Around 6 we had supper at Bubba Gump, only 3 words: best shrimps ever!!!

I had so much fun, I can’t even explain. I didn’t know these guys and now we’re like brothers and sisters?! What just happened?!

When we went back at the hotel we had a walk on the main street and probably the people around hated us because we were singing in 7 different languages, how cool is that?

I think that there’s only one thing that’s better than an exchange student: a bunch of them all together.

This experience makes us grow up, we lose our shyness and we get a different view of the things surrounding us. I hope everyone realizes how lucky we are, not only for being here, IN HAWAII, but for every single thing. Who could ever say, a couple of years ago, that I was going to be in “paradise” with a mix of cultures inside of me. I am not an Italian girl anymore, I am Spanish, Japanese, Portuguese, Albanese, American, Brazilian, and so on. We are all lucky to have parents back home who supported us in this adventure that, honestly, is making our backbones stronger than anybody else’s.

But I got to say that, we have to thank ourselves: our persistence and curiosity, our bravery and our craziness, our being limitless and our capability of overcoming everything that could stop us.


We are exchange students; it’s all I need to say.

Goodnight!
Caterina from Italy




No comments:

Post a Comment